4th Grade- Mrs. Deanna Merkel
Mrs. Merkel has been teaching since 2002 and continues to bring a large amount of enthusiasm and passion into her classroom. Mrs. Merkel and her family have been members of the St. Mark parish for over 15 years. She has 3 children that attend St. Mark and loves to grow in her faith right along side of them.
Scroll down to learn more about 4th grade and helpful websites.
Below is a description of the subjects that St. Mark students will learn about in Mrs. Merkel's classes
at St. Mark Catholic School
- Discipleship- how we follow and teach others about Jesus’ life.
- The story of Moses and the Ten Commandments
- Discovering the Bible- Gospels
- Leading and participating in weekly Mass.
- The Sacraments
- Students will read grade level text fluently with accuracy and expression.
- Students will learn strategies to aid in comprehension of grade level text.
- Students will study nonfiction text structures to support comprehension within content areas of study.
- Novel Studies- Charlotte’s Web, Because of Winn Dixie, Sign of the Beaver, and Number the Stars
- Grammar Study
- Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Writing, Editing, and Revising
- Regions of Indiana
- Native Americans
- Civil War & World War I
- State Government
- Famous Hoosiers Wax Museum