5th Grade- Miss Lewis
p: 317-786-4013 ext. 220
Below is a description of the subjects that St. Mark students will learn about in Miss Lewis's Fifth Grade class at St. Mark Catholic School.
- Students will read grade level text fluently with accuracy and expression.
- Students will learn strategies to aid in comprehension of grade level text.
- Students will study nonfiction text structures to support comprehension within content areas of study.
- Grammar- parts of speech, quotations, apostrophes, and commas
- Informative writing
- Persuasive writing
- Geography- Directions, Longitude and Latitude, Indiana’s 3 Regions
- Native Americans in Indiana
- Indiana History-American Revolution, Indiana Territory/ Statehood, Civil War
- Indiana Government and Economy
- Liturgical Life of the Church
- Seven Sacraments
- Moral Formation- Care for the poor and call to love one's neighbor
- Call to Discipleship through Prayer and Community Life